Interactive Slides (Part 2)

Focus for this week

This week I focused on scaling back my interactive presentation. I felt like my first presentation was not worth the time I spent working on it. I probably could have found a more productive learning activity that required less work. This week, it took me around 30 minutes to do my presentation and I felt that it had a solid amount of content. My presentation is designed to be used in Present mode, and is something that I could use during instruction, my students could use as a study tool, and has potential to be an example for something they can create on their own. Below are some pictures of my checks and balances presentation:

Checks and balances of the US federal government are usually taught with a visual aid because it can be a confusing process! This is the starting place on the presentation and students can choose which branches or directions they want to view first by clicking on the title or an arrow. This page is called the Clean Slate! page and can be accessed at any point in the presentation.

This is an example from when you click on a branch's name. 










Here's an example of when you click on an arrow.

You can get to this slide, which shows the checks and balances process as a whole, by clicking on the Show Everything! tab. You can get to this page and the Clean Slate! page from any point in the presentation. 








Update on last week's presentation

You can view my presentation from last week here. I have figured out a way to loop each slide back to itself so it doesn't automatically move on if you click on a random part of the screen. I am still working on the Judicial branch page being more interactive, as well as adding more of my own flow charts in there. I will post the updated version when I finish!

Here is my link to this week's presentation:



Comments

  1. The design of the presentation being able to be used for delivery of instruction on the three branches as well as a tool for students to use for review is solid. This builds in some versatility and allows for multiple uses of the presentation. I like that you explain the use of the clean slate and the show everything navigation features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    This is a great topic to use with this type of presentation. The thing that stands out to me is that setting it up this way was a great way of preventing information overload. Back in the day of worksheets, all of the info would have been on the page at one time. This way the student can control what they see. They could even use it to test themselves.

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really good job with this! Everything moved very smoothly and it was cool to be able to compare it to last weeks and see what you remedided. I see you also made it look nicer, I know you and I both had our problems with that haha. Really good and glad you were able to figure things out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assessments Using Google Forms

Canva

Reviews of Padlet and Nearpod