Video Using Adobe Spark

About the Video

I was thinking about what kind of activity that a short video could be useful for. (Hint: There are many.) I'm thinking that in my classroom I could do an activity called Four Facts. The topics would vary, but I would have my students create a video that shared four facts about a certain topic. For my example, I chose the city of New Orleans. On this example, I chose pretty broad facts: Location, Elevation, Brief History, and Culture. However, this four facts format can really be switched up. You could do four little known facts, important facts, facts I didn't know... There are just a lot of options. 

Using Adobe Spark

This was my first time using Spark. I created my video using their app because I was traveling this week and it was pretty convenient to use. To get started I was prompted to either start from scratch or use a template. I chose to start from scratch because I didn't see any templates that fit my purpose well.
I started building my slides by clicking the little plus sign at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You can add a picture the slide by clicking on the plus sign on the actual slide. You can adjust the picture by dragging with your finger. The icons on the top right indicate layout, theme, screen size, music, and sharing respectively. To add your voice you have to hold the microphone button while you speak. 

What I struggled with





















Overall, the app was really easy to use and if you're using it for the first time the app kind of walks you through what you need to do. For my Culture slide, I was going to have several pictures during my narration, but it was only letting me narrate that one slide. I could have broken my narration down to several slides so I could have used the pictures, but then the narration would have been choppy. There might be a way to do this, especially on the desktop version, but I couldn't find it on the app. 

Here is my video!



Comments

  1. Four Facts Format...catchy and a good idea for ongoing projects and some just in time learning.
    Impressed that you got this all done on the app. The only way I would know to combine several images into one slide is to make a short video of just those images and then make that video one slide in Spark. It adds a layer but you could get the effect you were looking for with multiple images.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assessments Using Google Forms

Canva

Reviews of Padlet and Nearpod