Assessments Using Google Forms

My assessment


I created a formative assessment on the three branches of government. I could use this as an exit ticket after a lesson or as a warm up in the next class period. My quiz is broken up into three sections for the three branches, with 2-3 questions per section.

Why I chose Google Forms

First of all, I personally find Google Forms easy to navigate. Since this is a short, formative assessment, I didn't want to spend too much time on the set up. Google Forms also allows you to break up groups of questions into sections. I found this particularly helpful for this topic because I could look at an individual's responses for a certain section. 

For example, I can see how this person (me on my trial run) did on the Judicial section. If all or most of the answers are correct then I can infer that they have a good grasp on the judicial branch. Conversely, if they didn't do well on this section, I would infer that they need to review and refer them to an activity to help with their knowledge of the judiciary.

You can also take a step back and look at how the class did as a whole. If the class didn't do well on a question, maybe I need to go back and review that concept. The same goes for the sections as well.








While I don't always think it's necessary, Google Forms does have the option to dump the data into a Google Sheets page. I think for the formative assessment that I created, I could get the data that I wanted just by looking at the responses within the form.


Comments

  1. I like that you covered why you chose the application and how it helped you achieve your instructional goal. You also pointed out an option even though you did not use that feature.
    I like the screen shots as well. They help illustrate your points and support your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your presentation the other day and reading this has shown me that Google Froms is a lot better than what people think. At first, even I thought it was a little too bland, but there is a lot that you can as a teacher with this format. I also liked how you explained it on here, it was almost like reading an instruction manual. Even if I hadn't watched you give your presentation in class the other day, I feel like I would have been able to take your instructions and figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with others. I like the way you explain it and the screens shots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,

    I love your use of screen shots in your blog post. It makes it very easy to understand.

    I have used Google Forms in the past and found it to be very easy to use. However, I had no idea you can do groups of questions in sections. That could be very helpful.

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love google forms! It is so nice that the answers populate into a spreadsheet on your google drive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,

    I really like how your post is organized and that you used screenshots to better demonstrate your process. While I've seen/used google forms in the past I never realized how many applications it could have in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canva

Reviews of Padlet and Nearpod